1. Scope of our Policy
2. Information We Collect
When you interact with us through the Site, we may collect Personal Data and other information from you, as further described below:
Other Information: When you download and use our Services, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use and the operating system version.
Passive Collection: As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the site.
Links: The Site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
3. Our Use of Your Personal Data and Other Information
Amare Medical Network may also use your Personal Data and other personally non-identifiable information collected through the Site to help us improve the content and functionality of the Services, to understand our users better, and improve the Services.
4. Your Choice
The Intranet is provided as a resource and engagement platform for Amare Medical Network employees. To visit the Site, you must provide your name and job title. You may choose to opt-out of having your personal email address displayed within your profile by emailing us at email@example.com. If you decide not to provide any Personal Data, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Site.
Guidelines of Use
These guidelines are designed for employees of Amare Medical Network participating in Care Connection. The Site is a workspace to share information and ideas, a space where our culture can continue to thrive as our company grows. Please keep these guidelines in mind:
1. Be smart. Think before you post, and remember there is no such thing as a “private” social media site.
2. Be responsible. Do not post sensitive, confidential or proprietary information. Keep project, client, and company confidentiality in mind before you share here, and never share information you see here outside the company.
3. Be kind and courteous. It is everyone’s responsibility to create a welcoming and informative environment. Please treat everyone with respect.
4. Be respectful. Do not post unauthorized commercial solicitations (such as spam); bully, intimidate or harass any user; post hateful, threatening, pornographic content or containing nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence; or do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory. If the content of your message would not be acceptable for face-to-face conversation, over the telephone, or in another medium, it will not be acceptable for a social media site.
5. Be accurate. All content published must be accurate and consistent. If you make an error, correct it quickly and visibly.
6. Be original. Maintain copyright and fair use laws and cite sources when possible. Don’t plagiarize.
Amare Medical Network retains the right to remove content at our sole discretion. Nothing in these guidelines is intended to limit your rights under any applicable law of the United States of America or any state thereof.
For more clarification or to refresh your knowledge of our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, Harassment-Free Workplace and Complaint Procedure, Computers, Internet, Email, Other Resources Policy, or the Social Media Acceptable Use Policy, please review the employee handbook.